10 Easy Ways to Upgrade Your Home in the New Year
1. Rearrange the furniture. One of the simplest ways to refresh a room is to just start moving things around! A new layout can change everything.
2. Swap out your throw pillows. Tired of a look? Look for new throw pillows with fresh colors, patterns, and textures!
3. Replace your hardware. Have you been dying to remodel your kitchen or redo your master bath? Replacing outdated drawer pulls and knobs is a quick, cost-effective way to upgrade these spaces. If you’re going for an eclectic, vintage style check out antique stores for hardware pieces!
4. Declutter. Getting organized is at the top of many New Year’s resolution lists. To avoid taking on too much at once, commit to finishing one room at a time before moving on to the next. Pick an area, put on your favorite playlist, and get to work!
5. Paint. Whether you’re painting the walls or an old piece you’ve fallen out of love with, a fresh coat of paint can do wonders. If you're looking for inspiration, check out @angelarosehome on Instagram for ideas! She's always inspiring us with her DIY projects.
6. Let the light in. Natural light can make even the smallest spaces feel open and airy. Try sheer, white curtains to let the light flow through. If you’re working with limited light sources, add mirrors to reflect the light coming in.
7. Incorporate fresh flowers and greenery. Bring home a new houseplant or freshly-cut flowers to instantly brighten up your space. If you’re not sure where to start, check out our guide on adding a living touch of green to your home.
8. Invest in a new rug. Sometimes a new rug is exactly what you need to add that finishing touch. Whether you’re looking for a fun pop of color or something grounding and neutral, you will not regret investing in a high-quality rug!
9. Switch out a light fixture. Lighting completely transforms the feel of a space. Now’s the time to replace that old ceiling fan you hate with a beautiful statement piece.
10. Change up your bedding. Redecorating your entire bedroom is no small project, but investing in a new duvet cover, sheets, and pillows is an easy way to add your personal style. Toss a cozy throw across your bed to finish off the look!
Making a few simple changes can give your home a fresh start for the new year. Whether your project is big or small, our team here at Trove is always happy to help you pull it all together. Stop in to see us and we’ll help you get started!